MP90 Metal Primer
- If the surface to be treated has been exposed to salty air, wash off thoroughly with fresh water.
- Brush off loose flakes and rust.
- Remove all grease, grime and oil using a solvent-based degreaser. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
- For your first coat apply a diluted solution of 70% MP90 and 30% water for optimum penetration into your surface and allow MP90 to dry.
- Apply a second coat of MP90 and allow it to dry for an hour before applying a finishing coat.
- Ideally, MP90 should be allowed to cure for a minimum of 48 hours.
MP90 is a primer. For optimum results, a finishing coat should be applied. MP90 can be over coated with acrylics, epoxies, types of vinyl, chlorinated rubbers, enamels and even coal tars.
For galvanised or new steel a galvanised primer is required.